Monday, August 18, 2008

Money things.

Some exciting (to me) news. I got a semi-unexpected backdated raise and worked 48 hours this week. By my calculation, that works out to nearly $190 of disposable income on this next pay cheque. I'll also have stat pay on the next cheque, which adds about another $115. All after tax. I don't do nice things for myself very often, but I feel like I've worked hard this year, and deserve to buy myself a nice birthday present.

I've made up my mind to blow this cash on an iPod nano, and a set of Knitpicks Options nickel plated interchangeable circular needles. Oh man, my fingers are already tingling in anticipation of those beautiful needles. As for the rest, I may get a MUCH needed massage (I'm pretty much sore everywhere always), or I might buy some pretty new yarn for a sweater, or roving. I've gotta get some yarn for those needles, right? Yarn is far more important than my health. :) Oh, or maybe a sewing machine. Maybe I'll be responsible and save it. . . We'll see.

In other news, the first Hedera sock is almost done. It's a good pattern, and I like how it looks, but the lace pattern was too repetitive to keep me interested, so I let it hibernate for a zillion years.

Next on the needles will be metal leaves, I think. That'll be exciting.

2 comments:

Kaitlin said...

YOU ARE CUTE

Anonymous said...

Metal leaves? please tell more :)