Monday, January 4, 2010

I'm back, baby.

It's been a year and three days since my last post.  I sure dropped the ball on that one.  But don't worry, internet.  I'm back for good, and you're going to be seeing a lot more of me around here.

Regarding my 2009 resolutions, I didn't do very well.  In fact, I pretty much quit around January 15th.

  • I did make a minimal effort to eat in season and local vegetables.  I did try not to buy vegetables from farther away than California, but didn't go out of my way to find food from the island.  I didn't learn to can.
  • I didn't make any presents.  Not a single one.
  • I don't think I made more of my own meals, but I did learn to make a few new things like kick ass Japanese style rice and udon soup.
  • I hardly knit or crafted at all last year, I'm ashamed to say.
  • The last answer covers the "knit a whole garment" one, too. 
  • I actually did do a lot of hiking during the summer, but nothing since then.
  • I did spend a lot of time with some of my newer friends this year, but very little with old ones.
  • I moved, and was forced to do some massive de-cluttering.  The new place is kind of cluttered, but not nearly as bad as the last.  I'm still gradually getting rid of crap.
  • Lucy the bunny is getting lots of attention these days.  I didn't get around to this resolution until kind of late in the year though.
  • Ah, school work.  I've been doing a lot more studying than usual, but I still feel that I should study more.  I could blame working too much, or being stressed, but when it comes right down to it, I've been goofing off.  But I've started full time school, and I did survive.  The next term starts on Wednesday, and I'm going to try not to let the six science based classes kill me. This will require doing as much studying as I possibly can before midterm period starts.
  • I did all right with exercising last year, I guess.  I walked to and from work and school for most of the year, but I usually do.  I didn't do it every day, and I didn't do more than I absolutely had to.
  • I did watch less TV, but only because I've had less time available to do so.  It still takes up about the same percent of my free time.
  • Didn't finish my Level 1 spinning, but did take Level 2.  Again, I've been goofing off.
  • I have $0.31 in my savings account.
  • I think I ate breakfast about 20 times last year.
  • I may have drank a little more water than usual, but still not enough.
  • I've been going to the doctor for acute things, but not chronic ones.  I went when I walked head first into a concrete pole, but I haven't gone for my hip and knee pain.
  • I've spent more time doing school work.  I guess that's productive.  Very little of my free time has been productive though.
  • Obviously, I didn't write here more often.  The journal didn't work out either.
That covers it.  I'm not proud of it.  I'm working on a 101 in 1,001 list that should be up by Tuesday evening at the latest. This decade will be different.

No comments: